Laboratory autoclaves to fit your needs.
50 L*, 120V/17A
Retail Price: $9,850
69 L*, 230V/13A
Retail Price: $11,900
Time is limited. Time flies. Time is money. Time is important.
From timer functions, to cooling fans, to a maximized chamber size, the Tomy SX-Series autoclave is designed with lots of innovative features that will save one of the most important (and scarce) resources, and give you more to focus on other things.
Even if it is your baby, you don’t need to babysit…
- Preset timer allows start time delay up to 99 hours, allowing you to sterilize at the most convenient time.
- Sterilization function (105 – 135°C) programmable up to 10 hours and heating (45 – 95°C) for up to 99 hours.
COOLING FAN SYSTEM.
- The SX-series autoclave is standard-equipped with a dual-fan cooling system, shortening overall operation time.
- Cooling system reduces cooling time by 42%* compared to non-fan equipped autoclaves.
*Save up to 25 min. Chamber temperature from 121°C to 60°C reduced from 59 minutes to 34 minutes with dual-cooling fan function.
- The SX-Series comes in two sizes that maximize capacity even with a small footprint: The SX-500 holds 50 Liters, SX-700 69 Liters.
- The SX-Series autoclave’s stackable basket system allows up to 3 buckets or baskets in the chamber to maximize loads (so you don’t have to do as many).
- The SX-700 can accommodate up to 12 pieces of 1000 mL flasks or 27 pieces of 300 mL beakers in one load.
The SX-series autoclave’s top-loading design, small footprint and other innovative features saves valuable laboratory space, both on the bench and floor.
- The SX-series slim design leaves a small footprint relative to effective chamber space, even compared to other brands’ top-loading models.
- The top-loading design allows for installation in the smallest of spaces and does not require extra room on the sides or in the front of the machine.
The SX-series autoclave stands on wheels, which allows it to be moved and stored under a bench and other tucked-away places.
NO PLUMBING REQUIRED.
The SX-series autoclave requires no plumbing, or house steam freeing up space for other equipment that requires plumbing (just pour water into chamber)*.
*Tomy recommends using DI (De-Ionized) water with a small amount of tap water.
The SX-Series autoclave’s ergonomic design and innovative features are designed to make things easy, with mechanically-assisted parts and easy-to-use controls.
MECHANICALLY-ASSISTED LID AND FOOT PEDAL.
The SX-Series mechanically-assisted lid and foot pedal allow for easy, one-handed operation (freeing your other hand in the process).
ERGONOMIC HEIGHT DESIGN.
- The SX-Series autoclave is designed to be the perfect height (SX-500 97cm) to easily load and unload items into the chamber.
- The chamber depth is designed to be the perfect height (SX-500 62cm) to easily reach items or clean the chamber.
- The SX-series easily-accessible chamber allows easy cleaning and disinfection.
- The chamber lid gasket can be changed in under 10 minutes (recommended once every 3 years).
Saves You, Safety.
SX-Series autoclaves come with standard safety features to protect you and your machine.
MECHANICAL LID INTERLOCK.
Prevents the lid from being opened during high-pressure, high-temperature cycle.
CURRENT LEAKAGE BRAKER.
Prevents electric shock through shutting down breaker.
WATER LEVEL AND TEMP SENSOR.
- Sensor directly measures water temperature, as opposed to general chamber temperature for early prevention of over-heating.
- Senses water level through monitoring ions in water to prevent dry heating and damage to the unit.
- Functions to prevent overly-high chamber pressure.
- Prevents abnormally high autoclave pressure and displays error message on screen.
Operating Temperature Range
|Sterilizing||105 – 135°C （0.019 – 0.212 MPa）|
|Heating||45 – 104°C （0 – 0.015 MPa）|
|Warming||45 – 95°C|
Maximum Operating Pressure
|0.263 MPa||0.25 MPa|
|Display Range||0 – 0.4 MPa|
|2 kW electric heater||3 kW electric heater|
|• Water level sensor
• Current leakage breaker
• Lid interlock
• Over-heat prevention
• Over-pressure prevention
• Open temperature sensor detection
• Safety valve
|Display Range||Sterilizing||0:00 – 9:59, 0 – 99 hours, 0 – 999 min.
(0:00 – 9:59, 10 – 99 hours changeable)
|Warming||Variable: 0 – 99 hours|
Effective Chamber Dimensions
|φ315 x 638 mm||φ360 x 675 mm|
|Effective internal volume: 50 L,
Internal volume: 58 L
|Effective internal volume: 69 L,
Internal volume: 79 L
|410 W x 477 D x 970 H mm
(With protruding: 574 D)
|470 W x 528 D x 1003 H mm
(With protruding: 625 D)
|60 kg||72 kg|
Required Power Supply
|AC 100-120 V 17A
Requires NEMA5-20P type power plug
|AC 207-253 V 13A
Requires NEMA6-15P type power plug
Power Consumption (calorific value)
|2.0 kW (1720 cal/h)||3.0 kW (2580 cal/h)|
When operating the autoclave, observe the environmental conditions given below.
Ambient temperature: 10 to 35°C
Atmospheric pressure: 860 to 1060 hPa
Relative humidity: 30 to 85%
Maximum gradient: 2
|Stainless baskets 2
(φ300 x 182 mm)
|Stainless baskets 2
(φ345 x 181 mm)
|• Chamber bottom Plate (1)
• Caster stoppers (4)
• Operator’s Manual (1)
• Clear folder (for storing the operation manual) (1)
• Screw (for attaching the clear folder) (1)
• Warranty card (1)
• Customer card (1)
• Inspection Sheet (1)
Autoclave SX Series Brochure
Featured Blog Posts.
"Sterilize. Start. Repeat." was used to communicate the benefits of using TOMY autoclaves in stem cell research and the highlight the positive financial and environmental impact of using reusable vessels and equipment.TOMY Autoclaves at the ISSCR 2019 Annual Meeting...
TOMY welcomes our new partners- BioLabs San Diego! TOMY wishes to send a warm welcome BioLabs San Diego in bringing the TOMY SX-Series Autoclave Sterilizer on board their operations! BioLabs is a nationwide organization of co-working spaces that provides facilities,...
When using an autoclave the question that everyone wants to have answered is what type of water should be used with an autoclave. This depends on the type of autoclave that one uses. With certain types of autoclaves that are hooked into house water or steam, there...
It ain't easy being choosy Choosing an autoclave sterilizer can be a daunting task, especially given the wide range of considerations and sheer number of autoclaves on the market from which to choose. Below are the top 5 things to look for when selecting your next...
Where Can I Repair my TOMY Autoclave or Centrifuge? Announcing the TOMY Nationwide Repair and Maintenance Network
Happy New Year and thank you for your continued support for TOMY autoclaves, centrifuges and other laboratory equipment. If you were wondering where to have your TOMY autoclave, centrifuge, or other equipment repaired, you have come to the right place! We at AMUZA...
Autoclave sterilizers are essential for almost any type of laboratory and it is crucial to choose the best autoclave that suits your needs. Because autoclaves come in many shapes and sizes, it can be overwhelming to make the right selection and stressful wondering whether you have made the correct decision.
A clean and well-maintained autoclave is key to keeping a sterile, well-functioning (and happy) laboratory environment. These tips and tricks on the proper water mixture, as well as cleaning and maintaining your autoclave can help ensure the proper function of your autoclave and keep it running.
According to the WHO Laboratory Safety Manual (3rd Edition, p27), autoclaves are essential laboratory equipment for the disinfection and sterilization of tools and biohazard products. However, sterilizing at higher altitude geographical locations with an autoclave...
Autoclaves function primarily through either gravity or vacuum-induced or pre-vacuum (prevac) sterilization methods, though some types of autoclaves combine both methods to sterilize. This article will outline the basic function of these autoclaves and list the types of sterilization media most associated with each type of autoclave.
An autoclave is a piece of equipment that is used to sterilize various instruments, as well as solids and liquids, including biological waste matter. Autoclaves are frequently used in industrial settings, medical/dental facilities and laboratories, as well as public facilities including aesthetic salons, tattoo parlors, and veterinary practices.